Migraines Interfere: It is a very debilitated bunch of neurological
symptoms that usually include severe palpitating and repetitive pain on either
of the sides of the head. Migraine is detected by analyzing the symptoms,
discussing family history, doing medical tests, and omitting other
probable causes of the headache. These can last for many days.
Facts About Migraines Interfere
Statistically, 85% of chronic migraine sufferers are generally women.
In general, boys are affected much more than girls before puberty hits in life.
Whereas, the risk and severity rise in girls during adolescence.
Migraine often goes unexplored and hence, untreated in children.
Inheritance: A child having a parent with migraine has a 50% risk of
inheriting the trait and if both the parents have a migraine, then the risks
may rise to 75%.
- Changes of hormones in women.
- Medications for hormones, such as oral contraceptives and HRT
(Hormone replacement therapy), can worsen migraines.
- Drinking alcohol, especially wine, and also too much caffeine, such as coffee
- Stress during work or while at home can be the reason behind migraines.
- Sensory stimuli like bright lights and sun glare, the strong smell can induce
- Intense physical exertion.
- A change of weather or pressure can lead to migraines.
- Having some old cheese and salty, processed foods may trigger.
- In some cases, an aura can occur before the headache. This aura includes
visual problems, such as light +ashes or blind spots, or maybe tingling on
either side of the face or in arm, leg and also problem in speaking.
Preventive Measures For Migraines
Make a plan:
- Try to lie down in a dim, calm, and noise-free room. But for some reason,
if you cannot lie down, then go somewhere and turn off the lights.
- Go to a place where the temperature is best for you and have hot or cold
packs for compressing on hand, also use them on the head.
- Lightly massage the painful areas of temples and scalp
- Try to drink some beverages like coffee or soda, which can ease the ache early.
- Medicines can help to suppress migraines and make them less irritating.
- Remedies of self-help and changes in lifestyle might help to lessen the pain.
- Do not skip meals because it can trigger migraines. So eat properly every day.
- Don’t sleep too much or very less. Be sure to get enough sleep.
Disturbance At Work And Impact On Family
When one is busy in his or her busy schedule in office, a migraine attack can
occur. So be prepared for that. Like, one should inform the superior officer of
one’s department. Let them understand the problem with the pains of
migraines, and for that, one might come in late or leave early.
Patients of migraine should keep the medicines with themselves.
Impact On Family
Migraine is such a disease that affects one’s family indirectly and people
around that person having a migraine. One may change plans to go out with
family and friends because you have an ill-feeling. One may put off chores and
want to relax. Kids get concerned when they see parents are not well.