Herbal medications have relations with the primitive methods of health treatment. Treating with herbs is similar to the way our ancestors used to treat certain illnesses. They collected various plants and seeds to make medicines. Plants, leaves, barks, seeds, flowers, and roots are the basic ingredients of homeopathy. Homeopathic treatment has spread its root in every part of the world.
As far as the origin of homeopathy is in concern, we know very little about it. Samuel Hahnemann introduced homeopathy to the world. His theories are the base of homeopathic education. Germany is the birthplace of homeopathy. Whatever herbal remedies we apply have originated from there only.
Aims of Homeopathy
There are three basic aims of homeopathic treatment. Firstly, it aims at building health and fitness. Secondly, it aims at preventing chronic diseases. Thirdly, it aims at curing the diseases. The homeopathic medications are for people of all age groups. There is no age restriction on the medications for cough, common cold, allergies, etc. A couple of homeopathic or herbal remedies do have an age restriction. Chronic or acute illnesses have different medications.
Different individuals have different medicines for their ailment. This is because every composition of medication will not fetch similar results in all cases. You need to describe your illness and its symptoms to get the exact medication.
Treating illnesses with the help of herbal remedies leads to fewer side effects. It takes time to act on your condition but results are always positive. Homeopathic cures were specifically used for healing physical, mental and emotional conditions. To illustrate it, herbal medicines cured chronic pain, aches, and bruises, digestive issues, joint pain, PMS, depression, anxiety, etc. A survey on various patients has shown that homeopathy cured their major and minor illnesses. A specific time was invested by them but the end results were positive. None of them experienced any side effects during their treatment.
Medicinal Uses of Herbs
There are many herbs ingredients which help in manufacturing homeopathic medicines. The benefits and uses of some herbal ingredients are briefly elaborated below.
- Echinacea – It helps in stimulating the immune system. It also aids the body in fighting germs and infection. Echinacea is effective in curing herpes, fever and bowel problem.
- Dong Quai (Dang Gui) – It is an effective ingredient which helps in curing gynecological conditions. PMS, menopause, menstrual cramps and pain are cured by the use of this ingredient. It also controls blood pressure.
- Garlic – A popular kitchen item but a potent homeopathic ingredient. It effectively controls heart conditions, blood pressure levels, cholesterol and fats. Garlic has high antiviral and antibiotic properties. Common cold and respiratory infections can be cured by herbal remedies made by garlic.
- Ginger – Health conditions such as nausea, morning sickness, motion sickness, etc can be treated with the help of ginger made remedies.
- Ginseng – Ginseng is a strong ingredient used for manufacturing many herbal medicines. It effectively treats cholesterol, fatigue, blood pressure, etc. The healing properties present in ginseng enhance the immunity power.
Herbal medicines are effective enough to cure several health conditions. You need to be specific about your symptoms and illness for obtaining appropriate treatment.